Thursday, July 14, 2016

Holistic Lab Results

On Tuesday I got the lab results back from my holistic doctor.  He checked my thyroid, thyroid antibodies, and Vitamin D. 

He said my thyroid levels are looking good, so he's going to keep me on the Armour Thyroid as I have been for the past 3 months.  Yay!  It's been a while since I've found a dose where I could just STAY and it works! 

My anti-TPO antibodies have come down from 610 to 394, which is good!  That means the anti-inflammatory supplements are working and I need to keep taking them to get it down even more. 

My Vitamin D levels came back low (at 39, and he wants to see them around 90), but I'm really not surprised as I know I'm deficient and I haven't been taking supplements regularly. 

He prescribed me Vitamin D to take and I hope to order it soon.  I also need to order refills of some of my other supplements, as I've run out of a few of them, but I haven't had the money to re-order yet.

He was really happy to hear that my A1C is now 5.6, and said that he'd like to see me under 5.5.  I told him I'll be taking a home A1C test in September and hope to be kicking it down close to 5.0 by then.  I will be getting my labs re-checked with him in 3 months so I just have to keep doing what I'm doing!   

No comments: