Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Nature-Throid Adventures

Friday was the beginning of our long-awaited, much needed vacation.  Hubby and I packed up and got everything loaded in the car for an extended weekend in the mountains of NC.  We had to make a quick stop at Walmart for my prescriptions, though, as I didn't have enough to last me.  The pharmacy assistant rang up my items and then had me step to the side to speak to the pharmacist about my prescription.  They do this every time I order a new prescription, but this wasn't supposed to be one of those times.  Or so I thought.

The pharmacist explained that my Nature-Throid was on company back order and they didn't have any in stock, so they swapped my prescription for Westhroid.  I explained that my doctor didn't want me to take the generic version unless he okayed them.  The pharmacist said he had okayed Westhroid, but he could call another pharmacy to see if they had the Nature-Throid in stock.  I told him that would be great, as I'd rather keep taking what I've been taking.  He called up the Walgreens across the street and found out they had some over there.  He transferred my prescription to them, had the assistant refund my money, and I hopped back in the car.  After a few minutes of waiting for them to get it ready for me, we were finally on our way!

I'll most likely have to have Walgreens refill it for me.  It's so odd that my prescription is for a 15-day quantity instead of 30.  They give me 30 pills and I'm taking 2 a day.  The Walgreens pharmacist also thought this was weird, but maybe it's because it's a new prescription and Dr. Goodyear is just having me test it out first before giving me a bigger supply?  It's only $4 each time.  Would still be nice to have more on hand, though.

I almost feel like the Nature-Throid is helping my blood sugars come down.  It's only been a month and a half since I started taking it, but my numbers this morning seemed to be lower.  My basal is still about the same, at 7 units of Levemir every 8 hours.  It's been like this for about a month.  Usually I fluctuate all over the place.  It's been nice but also frustrating as it's like playing a waiting game.  Seeing results now?  I hope so!    


No comments: