Thursday, March 29, 2018

Lesson Learned

I learned something this week about how my body responds to manual labor, specifically grooming and tacking up horses and going on trail rides.  
It spikes my blood sugar!


All those spikes in red were the result of that hard work.  I never knew my body was so sensitive to manual labor!  On a high carb diet, being pumped full of tons of insulin, I always dropped like a rock, even if just walking through the mall.  Now my numbers rise when I go shopping and I have to take more insulin.

I felt awful when these spikes occurred.  My mouth was constantly dry, I was drinking tons of water, and I took multiple corrections.  Not fun!   

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

After I started using a highly accurate CGM, I also found little odd things. I know that being over 200 is not comfortable for me. Heck I bet I used to go around in the 300's with never a thought about it. It is good to know the truth.