Thursday, November 29, 2018

Backsliding

Physically.










I had my appointment with Carrie yesterday. 
MySugr has my estimated A1C at 7.4% 
Labs say they are 7.3%. 

Carrie was impressed that they were so close.  I was not impressed that it had gone up.

She suggested Tresiba again, and gave me another sample.  I'm convinced my Levemir works as long as it's dialed in correctly.  Meals are also tricky.  I just can't get a handle on things.  I eat the same foods, pretty much at the same time.  I just always spike.

Checking to see when my next thyroid test needs to be done.  I want to get a fructosamine test done also to make sure my A1C is accurate.  It's similar to a hemoglobin A1C test but focuses on the past 2-3 weeks, whereas an A1C is the past 2-3 months.  In addition, the fructosamine test measures glycated protein in the blood instead of glycated hemoglobin.  You can read more about it here.

The good news is:  I refused the flu shot!!  

No comments: