Monday, July 17, 2023

Update from the Excavator

 I asked the excavator for an update and he told me the road work is nearly done, and he was on his way to see how the pad looks.  He thinks they'll be done by the end of this week, which is a lot sooner than I thought!  He is placing the order for the concrete, gravel for the driveway, and footer materials to secure the house (700' of rebar, 2 boxes of chairs, 1 bag of ties, 1 box of pins).  Once they do the footers (next week), we'll be good to go! 

I'm putting my feelers out for someone who can do drywall work for me (already have one lead) and then once the drywall is done, we can get the walls ready to paint!  My mom can help me get the paint at a discount and I ordered some free paint samples to see how they compare to what we have now!  My dad is working on the deck plans and then come utilities!  So exciting!

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

very very exciting. take pictures before the dry wall goes up so you can approximate the studs post construction. Also, be sure and put a note in the wall, before it is covered. write it to you future self, or the future person who finds it.

Rachel said...

So excited and ready to be in our new house already...but so much to do before then! I'll do that with the studs! What to write in a note?