Thursday, September 28, 2023

Good News and Bad News

 The Bad News:

Our skirting guy found an 8-10 foot section that has rotten/near rotting wood under where the skirting is supposed to go.  We all agree it needs to be fixed.  That would involve taking off the siding and whatever else is needed to get to the damaged areas, as well as it being a few weeks before he can get to it due to other jobs.  But I asked him to check all around the house in case there are other sections that need fixing and to give us an estimate.  So I guess the skirting will be put on hold until that's taken care of.


The Good News:

I got a call from the water company today that they have installed the water line extension down our road (I didn't even see any evidence of this the last time I was there!) and that all that's left is to flush the pipes.  I think they said the water meter was also in place?  Shouldn't be too much longer before we can hook everything up!  That's much faster than I was expecting (answer to prayers!).  Maybe November is still doable for moving in! 

Still waiting on word about the electric meter base. 

I got in touch with the skirting company about the broken rail pieces.  We're going to see if we can make them work by cutting off the broken ends.  If they aren't enough, I'll ask the company for replacements.

We are planning to go look at a new vehicle this Saturday.

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

Oh I am so glad that rot underneath was found. It will save thousands years form now.

Rachel said...

Definitely! Can't have that underneath and going unnoticed!