Thursday, September 14, 2023

Progress is good

I feel like I've talked to everyone today!  But I'm staying on top of things, and progress is good. We've got the septic system installed in the ground and we'll be getting it hooked up in about a month.  

Our 1,000 gallon tank
Looking out toward the top of the drain field
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

We've decided we want the EverRock skirting (block was too expensive and metal doesn't suit our aesthetic).  I've found a company that will install it once we order it.  The nice thing is we can order automatic vents that will close at 40 degrees and open at 70 degrees. 

Another house with EverRock skirting

White EverRock

 

 

 

 

 

 

Our drywall guy is going to work on the electric meter base as well as finishing up on the inside.  He was sick for a few days but seems to be on the mend now.  Once the base is built, and now that the trees along the road are cleared, they'll be able to string the electric wires and get us hooked up.  

Our HVAC guy is going to take a look at what we need to hook up our AC this weekend.

I think we'll have my dad build our front porch (and our back deck, but front one first).  We are getting short on funds so we're having to focus on what's necessary to move in. 

I've been working on the cabinet doors and have gotten 4 done this past week.  4 more to go!  Then I'll be able to start working on the outside of the cabinets (at the house).

 

EDIT:  I ordered the skirting tonight!

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

things look great however. Keep going.