Thursday, October 12, 2023

Big Day Tomorrow!

On Sunday, I received word that the lady we were hoping to buy an Expedition from was unable to find another car to suit her needs, so we set up a time to look at another one that I found on Facebook Marketplace.  Turns out it was just a few minutes away, and had 181,000 miles on it, which is 118K less than the other lady's.  The transmission was just newly replaced and it had been really well maintained.  Thankfully, it was only $500 more than we were planning to spend so it still fit in our budget!  We drove it home and got everything squared away on Monday so I had a vehicle to drive to Max's appointment on Wednesday and for our big day at the house tomorrow!  

 Introducing Beast!  He's got 4WD, back seats that fold with a button press, even a sun roof!  Just a few minor things to address (a broken actuator in the back, which I am going to fix myself), a non-working cigarette lighter in the front (but there's one that works in the 2nd row), and a CD stuck in the CD player.  But he drives great and makes me feel like the queen of the road!  I also ordered new key FOBs for him and our Escape, Belle, since her's is breaking and he doesn't have one.  (See what I did with the names there?  :D)


I also heard from our drywall guy last night about the electric meter base.  It's due to arrive tomorrow!  I've got an electrician lined up to come out and see what all we need to do to hook it up...if not tomorrow then Monday.  
Speaking of tomorrow, we have our chimney inspection in the morning and I'm also planning to help our drywall guy work out the water line hook up details and we're also having our new washer and dryer delivered!  I found a nice set with a removable agitator (which I really need and haven't seen many used ones with it, so I had to pounce on them) for big bulky items like our comforter.  Our HVAC and dryer vent is all hooked up so I gotta pay for that while I'm there.  It's so nice having neighbors who can help!

I've also gotten a few things for the house, like our mailbox, post, and address numbers, outdoor water hoses, and a new outlet for the dryer!  Next on my list is the whitewash paint for the cabinets!

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

You know if you have a mailbox, you get the worst part. Yes mail. So the best thing to do is wait to plant it for at least 50 years. Sure have it out back so when your parents come over you can drag it out. But do not leave it there. Then drag it back when they leave and before the mail person shows up.

OK, that never works, but that is what I wish would work. LOL

Rachel said...

lol