Wednesday, February 7, 2024

New trailer!

 





After much searching on FB Marketplace and finding no good options, I turned to craigslist and came across this absolute gem!  I managed to snag it before other people who were interested, and I'm so grateful!  I used it to go pick up the foam boards I bought from another guy, which are going to be made into faux wood beams for the marriage line!  Everything worked out great!  Now we have our own utility trailer for hauling things, like when I go in search of pallets for our walkway and outdoor stairs for going down the slope, and for moving things to the new house!  I had to do a bunch of running around to get the right towing equipment but it was worth it!  

On Saturday, we finally had some nice weather so hubby and I dropped off Max with my sister and went out to the lot to strip the paint off our vintage front door!  There were like 5 layers of different colored paint on it! Tan, pink, blue, green, and cream! We finally got down to the wood around the edges but ran out of time to finish, so we are (or I am) going to have to go back out there.


We also discovered that the underbelly tape we used to patch the holes came down, so we're going to have to fix that.  A few more things need to be done - regrading, putting in the swale and rocks and culvert - all being started this week.  We are also putting gutters on, and once Dad is feeling better he'll work on the deck stairs, railing, etc.  And then the chimney parts are due Feb 13-15th.  Hopefully we can get inspected by the end of the month.   

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

I have not checked in a bit. That trailer is wonderful.