Friday, March 1, 2024

A Day at the House



 Yesterday I drove out to the house by myself (hubby stayed home with Max) to finish up the detail work on our front door.  I managed to get the front of it all done.  All that's left is the edge that has the hinges.  I think it looks much better.  

While I was there, the gutter guys and the plumbers were getting their work done.  The plumbers fixed the various things they had on their list, as well as installing a new faucet in the laundry room and the master tub.  I'll have to get a picture next time I'm there, but I love it!  

The gutters look amazing and they have really nice guards on them to keep leaves out. 





I also went into the master closet and pulled out all the trim out pieces for where the studs are showing at the marriage line.  I found all of them, but one is broken and the top half is missing.  So we're going to have to cut a new piece for it.  

Our next task is sealing between the bottom of the skirting and the concrete footer to keep water from getting under the house.  I bought a few cans of sealant in case we need them, as the other option is lining the concrete with dirt from the bottom of the hill.



The back side needs some sealant or dirt covering it.

The very back of the house also needs it. 

While I was there, the mailman also marked where our mailbox should go with the little orange flag.  So now we can install it!


2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

Hey the doors looks great. The rip rap is also looking great. Watch the spring rains going down that hill. You will want to be careful it does nto wash under your house.

Rachel said...

There is a trench at the top of and along the sides of the rocks that sends water down and into the culvert that runs under our driveway so water doesn't go under the house. The ground is also sloped away from the house so water flows away from it. :)