Sunday, March 10, 2024

Carpet Removal - Day 2

 Hubby and I finished pulling up the old carpet today.  We removed the carpet in his office, our master bedroom and bathroom (yes, carpet in the bathroom, ugh!), and the school room/fireplace room.  We ran out of contractor trash bags near the end and had to just pile the carpet against a wall.  But we're done aside from a few places along some of the walls where the carpet was really stuck!  We also still need to remove the tack strips and the staples.  

The living room, full of bags of carpet
Living room
Master bedroom
School room
School room/fireplace room/den
Hallway looking from living room to bedrooms
The guest room
Max's room
Hubby's office
Hallway looking towards the living room

All the carpet
But wait, there's more!

Our plan for tomorrow is to take as much as we can to the dump.  Then I need to work on painting the front door so my dad can install it on Wednesday.  We also have our walkway to finish.

The walkway

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

Oh pulling up carpet is tough business. I hope it is going well. Love the fireplace. .

Rachel said...

Thank you! I love the fireplace, too! Just wait until I whitewash it!