Monday, March 23, 2015

Time for a Change

 photo 3-23-15_zpsqxkrnkp3.jpg

Right now, my glucometer's 30-day average is 188 and my 14-day average is 208.  According to my Dexcom Studio software, my Feb 23rd - March 23rd average BG is 185.

I know I can do better, and I've come to realize that I'm the only one who can change my blood sugars.  My nurse practitioner can help, but she's really just there to make sure things are on target and looking good.  She's there for status updates and feedback.  I'm the one in the driver's seat, making the calls and living day-to-day with my diabetes.

So if it's up to me, and I can change things, why don't I?

You know, it's time I do.  I've already fought and won one battle.  Diabetes is a lifelong battle, but certainly not an impossible one.  So I'm going to do better.  I'm going to change my healthcare habits and improve my blood sugars.  I'm going to improve them so much that Carrie won't know what happened.

I've ordered a book that's going to help me do just that. 

No comments: