Friday, October 16, 2015

ChocoRite Milk Chocolate Bars

Thanks to some fellow Diabetics I've learned about a low carb chocolate bar that doesn't spike blood sugar!  I finally managed to track down a box at my local Walgreens and am sampling them for myself!  My first taste of chocolate in I don't even know how long...was wonderful!  An hour later and my blood sugar hasn't really budged!  I think this may be my new favorite candy bar!

 photo Chocorite bars_zpstupxrh4u.jpg

Each bar has basically 2g carbs because they contain fiber and erythritol (a sugar alcohol, which you can read more about here:  http://bodyecology.com/articles/erythritol_what_you_need_to_know_natural_sugar_substitute.php).

I'm going to keep testing these bars (there are 5 per box) and see if there are any noticeable differences to record, just to be sure.  But for a first time taste of a virtually carb-free/blood sugar safe chocolate bar, I'm hopeful!

EDIT:  8:05 PM
I had no insulin on board or other food in my system.  Here are the results of my hour long test:

6:49 PM
Glucometer:  103
Dexcom:  96
Ate 1 ChocoRite bar

7:53 PM
Glucometer:  118
Dexcom:  99

Dexcom showed steady numbers after eating the ChocoRite bar!

So if you ever want to get me chocolate, you can get me ChocoRite Milk Chocolate bars!  

No comments: