Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April Update

I had my blood work from the holistic doctor sent to me.  My results showed high levels of thyroid antibodies and a low free T3 level.  I have an appointment scheduled for next week to hear what he has to say.  I'm expecting to be diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, as I've been hypothyroid for as long as I can remember and have been taking levothyroxin for it.  However, because I have two other autoimmune diseases (Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac disease) he (and I!) feel that it is highly likely that Hashimoto's is what is causing my hypothyroidism. 

I am very interested in hearing what steps I need to take to begin healing, as gut health ultimately impacts my immune system and health.  Your immune system lives in your gut, so the health of your gut affects your immunity!  Super important to know that they are all connected.  I'm actually very excited to begin walking this path toward bodily healing! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My very non-professional opinion is that we (our family) inherited strong auto-immune systems that over-react. I am also hypothyroid and take levothyroxine. Your mom is allergic to the strep toxin. I am allergic to several medications and bacterial toxins. Your brother's vitiligo is an auto-immune condition. Maybe there are others --- cant' think right now since I just completed my 3rd chemo infusion today. I wish you well on your research and hope you are able to find solutions that will help you immensely. ......... Love, Goggie (it's going to ask for an identity but that never works for me so I'll be "Anonymous".