Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lowering my Target Range


So I took the plunge today because it's time to buckle down and get my A1C under 6.  I lowered my high alert on my Dexcom from 130 to 120.  So now when Dex senses that I'm at 120 it will alert me to being high.  

I have noticed that sometimes Dex is off and says I am in my target range when really I'm in the 120s, 130s, and 140s, so I know I can't always go by what Dex says I am...I have to test to confirm and treat!  And usually I test more than 4 times a day, especially when I am unsure of my blood sugar level.  

In doing this, I hope that setting my alert lower will help me stay on top of my numbers better and prevent higher numbers before they happen.  

Here are my stats now that I've changed the Target Range:

And here is my 90 day blood sugar graph.  I've been very fortunate to stay under 200, even with holidays, sickness, hormones, and stress.  I know I can do better, and I will!  

 

My next appointment is in June, but it's with a different nurse practitioner because Carrie will be on maternity leave (so excited for her!).  I'm not sure how it will go but I hope it goes well!

Tomorrow I have my appointment with the holistic doctor to go over my blood work results and thyroid labs.  I may be getting a Vitamin D panel done too, since it's been a while since I've had one done.  I pray it goes well and I come home with a health game plan!  Stay tuned!

No comments: