Monday, January 16, 2017

Finally Moving Forward Again

Today I went to my holistic doctor to get lab work done, including for my thyroid.  I also ordered the gut health test that I started today at home that will tell my doctor a lot more about the state of my intestinal health, etc.  Once I complete the test and send in the kit, I'll get the results back in 4 weeks.  Praying that this will shed more light and give me more answers so I can continue to heal my body and stay on track health-wise. 

I'm continuing to see good blood sugars and I'm hoping to get my R insulin doses figured out so that I can eventually wean myself off Apidra.  Turns out my new insurance does not cover Apidra but I can get a vial of R for $25 at Walmart without an RX, so I'm not worried.

I'm still working on my nutrition schoolwork and it's going pretty well.  I'm almost through The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin and it's quite eye-opening.  I'm really enjoying everything I'm learning.  (Anything health-related that you see me posting on Facebook is from my nutrition schoolwork.  Just trying to share some of what I'm learning with everyone!)

I'm also enrolled in a training course for students who are learning how to proofread for court reporters.  I am planning on starting up my own work-from-home business doing this and I just finished the first level of training.  I'm preparing to enroll in the second level and continue with my work.  Step by step, I'll get there!  Pray for me as I work toward this goal.  I am really excited but also a bit nervous as I've never really been in business for myself.  I want to work as unto the Lord and do my best in everything I do.       

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

How fun to learn new skills. I love learning new things and it sounds like your hands are full at the moment.

Rachel said...

It's been quite a busy time for me, that's for sure! But learning new things is always worth it! :)