Wednesday, June 26, 2019

New receiver and appointment time

On Saturday I got my new receiver in the mail.  I compared it to my old one for about a day and it seemed to be spot on.  New one got the purple shinies put on it.  Old one has the pink.


Today I had my appointment with Carrie. 

A1C went up to 7.2%...ugh. 
TSH is low again at 0.117.  I'll have to tell Jackie this before my next lab appointment with her in early July. 
Cholesterol...don't even get me started.  Surprisingly it came back lower than Jackie's lab.  Hmm.  But Carrie tried to push oats, of all things.  Nope nope nope.  I'll keep taking my fish oil, eat more salmon, and work on my thyroid and blood sugars. 

I told her I am noticing a feet-on-the-floor rise in the morning, unless that's the Levemir wearing off as normal.  I'm also seeing a rise in the afternoon right before my 4pm Levemir shot.  I told her I'd do some basal testing.  Maybe I need R in the afternoon with lunch to help with that, or I need to space out my Levemir more?  I don't know.  That's what I've got to figure out.  She seemed okay with that, knowing that I'm comfortable with Levemir and how it works. 

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

I am a big fan of Levemir as well. But then again I like most of the long term insulin. I hope that your A1C comes down, but in good time.

Rachel said...

Thanks, Rick!