Tuesday, June 18, 2019

New Dexcom Receiver - Ordered!

For the past few months my Dexcom Receiver has been giving me error messages, doing system checks constantly, and frankly driving me insane.  I finally got a hold of tech support and they said the receiver is out of warranty and that I'll have to order a new one. 

After trying to figure out if I needed to have my doctor submit a new RX for it or not, I ended up calling Byram (my new medical supply company) and just placing the order myself.  It will go through insurance and I should hopefully have it soon.  Maybe a week?  Depends.  But as long as I can keep my old one running until then I should be good. 

Perhaps I'll upgrade to the G5 later in the future but for now I'm sticking with the G4. 

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

I suspect Byrum will knwo how to get this done. You are in aood hands.