Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Thyroid values with LC PCP


Lab work results from low carb PCP. TSH is 10, up from 0.16 in April. Still on the same dose - 90mg/day of Armour. She increased it to 120mg and wants to retest in a month to see if we over shot it. Looking back at my past thyroid labs, I seem to shoot up in the summer months - 48, 95 for TSH the past two years.

Cholesterol - I told her I'm not worried but would be interested in a particle size test. I told her no statins - they raise my BG, give me muscle weakness, and I'm not on birth control. She asked what Dr. B would say about my cholesterol. 

Had to argue with her about my 7% A1C - she said it was good, I said No, it's double normal. She asked what I meant. I told her 4.5 was normal and that under 5.5 was my goal. She tried to tell me it was too dangerous, but I told her 40 to 400 is too dangerous. I want to be 80-120. I told her Dr. B has been Type 1 with an A1C of 4.5 for decades and that she should check his book, YouTube, Facebook, etc. Hopefully she will, but I really just need her to help with thyroid and write insulin rxs for me since I'm dumping my endo.

No comments: