Monday, March 30, 2015

My Dexcom doesn't seem to like traveling

Hubby and I just got back from a long drive to MD for the weekend.  My sensor seemed to be a bit wonky and had a hard time tracking my numbers while we were there.  Not sure why, since it was a relatively new sensor.  Stress?  Hormones?  Allergic to traveling?  My Dexcom seems to have a mind of its own sometimes.
 photo 3-30-15_zpshhkzs2ln.jpg

Anyway, I decided since it was having a hard time that it was time to give it a change of scenery.  I put in a new sensor in a new location, just to see if it would help.  I now have it on my left leg, on the outside, running north to south (instead of east to west).  I put some Tegaderm tape over it to help it stay in place longer.  It's not too uncomfortable but will take a little bit of time to get used to. 
 photo IMG_20150330_145201_zpsreojkiri.jpg

No comments: