Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Diabetes Blog Week - Keep it to Yourself

"Many of us share lots of aspects of our diabetes lives online for the world to see.  What are some of the aspects of diabetes that you choose to keep private from the internet?  Or from your family and friends?  Why is it important to keep it to yourself?
(This is not an attempt to get you out of your comfort zone.  There is no need to elaborate or tell personal stories related to these aspects.  Simply let us know what kinds of stories we will never hear you tell, and why you won't tell them.)"
While I feel like blogging about my diabetes ups and downs has helped me open up a great deal more than I ever have before, there are definitely things that I still keep to myself.  I've always been a quiet, reserved person.  I've never been one to spill my guts (diabetes-related or otherwise) to people, even close family and friends - let alone the whole internet! 

So, today's topic is interesting...what sorts of diabetes things have I kept to myself and will never blog about on here?
  1. Intimate things only my husband is privy to know.  What happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom.  
  2. Certain fears related to diabetes.  Most, if not all, fears are born from a lack of trust in God, and they do not need to show their ugly faces.
  3.  Anything I feel doesn't need to be said.
Like I said, I feel like blogging about my diabetes has helped to open up more, as well as to help me keep track of my care and motivate me to continue down this path of good diabetes care.  Writing has always helped me understand and process what I'm going through so I see no end to my blogging in general.  While others may not have a problem sharing things I placed on this list, I will not be outspoken about them.

No comments: