Friday, September 25, 2015

Taming the Strange Roller Coaster

This past week I experienced a strange blood sugar roller coaster...so I decided to increase my Levemir doses a little to see if that would help to tame those wild numbers.  
 photo 9-25-15_zpsmjsyciag.jpg

I've been taking 8 units of Levemir 3x a day instead of 5 units.

The result?  Today's and yesterday's numbers have been great!
 photo 9-25-15 2_zpsfhrb2vt2.jpg

Today's average so far:  99
Yesterday's average:  103
Sunday's - Wednesday's averages:  120's and 130's

Hopefully I'll be able to stay on top of these numbers as my end of October appointment draws near!  My quarterly average (according to Dexcom Studio) is still sitting pretty at 108, so no change from a week ago.  But that's okay...it's still an awesome estimated A1C of 5.4%! 

No comments: