Sunday, February 14, 2016

The plan moving forward

Ever since my kidney infection ended I've been battling panic attacks.  Chest tightness and shortness of breath have accompanied them, and there haven't been any pinpointed triggers.  A few of them were so bad I thought I was having a heart attack, but I know now that that's how panic attacks feel.

I came across a holistic doctor in my area while doing a Google search and made an appointment with them this past Wednesday, the 10th.  It couldn't come time for my appointment soon enough.

The gist of it is this:  we're going to do lots of tests (5 different kinds, to be exact) to gather as much data about my body as possible.  Along with the panic attacks, I have nutritional deficiencies and I want to check on my gut health (since Celiac, Diabetes and hypothyroidism, which is now believed to be Hashimoto's, are all connected), which may help explain some things.  The doctor was super nice and told me that their office focuses on absolutely personalized care, which means I'll get exactly what my body needs and not just a blanket treatment.  Once we get all the tests done we'll have a pretty clear picture of what that all looks like.  I have my first two tests this coming Wednesday (the 17th).  Please be praying we'll be able to get the other tests scheduled and done soon as the cost for those tests is significant.   

No comments: