Monday, October 3, 2016

Why I Love Low Carb

This was my dinner last night:  Lemon Butter Chicken, Buttered Asparagus, and low carb Cheddar Garlic Biscuits.

Doesn't it look yummy?

I love low carb for so many reasons I don't even know where to start.  Maybe I should make a list...I love lists!
1.  No more blood sugar roller coaster!
2.  Yummy, healthy, real foods!
3.  New foods I've never tried before - asparagus, avocado, cauliflower, flax seed, almond and coconut flour, unsweetened almond milk, etc.
4.  New recipes!
5.  Online support groups!
6.  Reaching out to people who need help!
7.  Empowerment!
8.  Overall health improvement!
9.  Opportunities to make a difference in the diabetes world!
10.  Being a light for Christ by proclaiming His name through my journey!
11.  Being a role model for family, friends, and strangers!

Good health starts with you.  I wish I had realized this sooner in my diabetes journey, but I'm grateful that no matter how long it took me to learn this truth, God was faithful to bring me to this point.  Mistakes are the only way we learn, whether we make them ourselves or we watch others make them.  If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you've been getting.  Don't go insane.  Change what isn't working and try something that others have found to work for them.  If it doesn't work for you, tweak it a bit until it does, or try something else.  If it works, stick with it!  Don't look back except to remind yourself how far you've come, and why you don't want to go back.

Low carb is the only way I'll go from here...high carb can stay in the past where it belongs.  My future's bright and sunny - I know I'm doing what's best for my body.  What is your body telling you to do?  What can you do to change?  Don't be afraid...it might be the best thing you ever did.

I used to eat over 300g of carbs a day.  Now I eat less than 40g.

No comments: