Monday, January 8, 2018

New year, new receiver!

Last night, I had to say goodbye to my original Dexcom G4 receiver.  I noticed that the mini USB cable port had come loose and was pushed into the receiver case.  I could no longer plug it in to charge or download my data, nor could I get the port to go back into place.  The receiver also became unresponsive, despite have plenty of battery left.  I pulled out my new Dexcom receiver and turned it on, then calibrated it with my current sensor/transmitter.  Today, I put on the purple sparkly PumpPeelz skin I had been saving. 
Old on top, new on bottom
I am back in business.  My old receiver lasted me from August 2014 until January 2018.  It still beeped and vibrated!  I was blessed to have it as long as I did...3 years and 5 months!  Here's to another 3.5 years with my new one! 

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

Dani, I loved my wonderful Dexcom receiver. I never used my cell phone. When I went to the other provider with CGM on my pump, I missed my receiver.