Monday, January 29, 2018

Why I Feel Like a Burden

I always have.  I probably always will. 

But now I think I know why:  Diabetes has always felt like a burden to me, on me.   A lonely, heavy burden.  I guess it's only natural that when I feel burdened, I feel like I am burdening others.  So I try not to be a burden and shoulder it myself.  But it's more than I can handle, and I stumble and fall and drop it all in a river of tears.  And what do I do after that?  I pick it back up and, if I don't take it to God, I try to handle it myself all over again.  If I do take it to God, I usually find myself taking it back from Him and falling into the same vicious cycle.  

No matter what I do, I always forget that I don't have to carry it alone.

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved."  Psalm 55:22

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

Dani, I am sorry you feel like a burden. i bet if you asked 10 people you know if you a e a burden it would a be unanimous no. Yes I know that really is not helpful, but just know I would be shocked if even one person said yes. Now you have to believe it as well.

Rachel said...

Thank you, Rick. Several family and friends have already said I'm not. It's a lie I'll keep fighting, because that's exactly what it is...a lie.