Thursday, April 26, 2018

Lab results and meeting Nan

I got my thyroid lab results back and met Nan, who will be taking over for Dr. Goodyear since he's moved to another clinic.

Thyroid values 
Reverse T3:  12.8 (good)
TSH:  0.01 (low)
Free T4:  1.0 (good)
Free T3:  3.9 (good)

Vit B12: 801 (good)
Folic Acid:  6.64 (good)
CRP, high sensitivity (cardio CRP):  1.90 (good)
Vit D:  65.6 (good)
Magnesium:  1.6 (on the low side of good, need to supplement)

So since my TSH is even lower than it was last time (it was 0.08) she's decreasing my dose some, from 2 grains a day to 1.5 grains a day.  Everything else looks good, and she was pleased with how well I'm doing in regards to diet and staying away from gluten.

I spoke to her about my desire to get tested for the MTHFR gene mutation, and she said she feels I may have one or two.  She also wants to do a lipid panel, a cortisol test to check if that may be contributing to my high blood sugars, as well as a food sensitivity test (LEAP).

I asked her to check the red blotches on my neck and she looked them over, but wasn't sure what they were.  She recommended a dermatologist and I'm going to see about making an appointment with him soon. 

Other than that, she added raw potato starch to my list of supplements to help with blood sugar management and insulin sensitivity.  It's not a starch that gets digested and is supposed to help improve how well insulin works.  I'll start out small and slowly increased how much I take until I see what works.

I'm also going to restart on the probiotics Dr. Goodyear prescribed me last year because my good gut bacteria isn't as varied as it should be.  She also recommended a natural detoxing supplement to help with mold (DP/me) and other toxins that are sure to be in our bodies.


She also made a point to recommend a WiFi protection device that keeps radiation away from your body (helps to keep you safe from cancer, etc).  I'll be looking into one for me and DP since we're around cell phones and WiFi ALL day every day.

Everything is all connected and it's going to take more time and money before I get all the answers I need.  Please keep me in your prayers!  I'm on the right path!

No comments: