Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Follow-Up Appointment

My appointment with Nan yesterday ended up turning into a phone appointment, which was really all I needed.  She relayed the results of my cortisol test, as well as my DHEA levels.

Cortisol is all in range, even a little low.   
DHEA is high so she said to stop taking it.

Since my endo didn't test my TSH in August, Nan said we needed to retest it now, so when I got off the phone with her I drove up to their office to get my blood drawn -- for the thyroid panel as well as for the MTHFR gene mutation test.  It will probably be a week or two before I get a call with the results.  I can't wait to hear what they have to say.

Now I need to save up for the LEAP (food sensitivities) test I want to have done.  It's more expensive but will tell me a whole lot of other useful information about which foods I'm sensitive to.  Hopefully it will help me figure out which foods to cut out, like soy and dairy, so I can heal my thyroid.

No comments: