Tuesday, December 18, 2018

New DME Supplier and Lab Results

I placed an order for more Dexcom sensors over the weekend and got an email yesterday from Better Living Now saying that they are no longer contracted with my insurance as of November 1.  I tried looking for another provider on my insurance company's website but it was less than helpful.  I decided to ask other diabetics who they use and got a recommendation.  I signed up with Byram and am hoping to hear from them in the next few days.  In the meantime, I am ALL OUT of Dexcom sensors and am therefore Dex-less. 

In other news, I got my lab results back from last week's blood work.  Nan said everything looked good, just one of my thyroid levels was low, probably because I hadn't taken my dose before I got my blood drawn.  She also said I could stop Vit D for a month if I wanted, as my level is in the 90s.  I just ordered and received a new box of supplements though so I'll just continue taking them.  She may tweak my order in a month to add things that will help with blood sugar management. 

I also told her about how I seem to be bloated/gassy after eating Lily's chocolate bars.  She said that's common but that it may not be the soy like I was thinking but rather the stevia.  She suggested switching to Swerve and said she'd send me a recipe I can use to make my own chocolate bars.  I'll see how that works!

I told her about my back pain, which has been continuing to bother me for the past week or two.  This is longer than most flareups I've had in the past.  She recommended trying CBD oil (Charlotte's Web or Ananda brand) for pain and inflammation relief and also said if I want to have a doctor look at my back, her son is a physical therapist who works with people who have sports injuries and back issues.  So I have some things to research and look into.  She wants to do follow-up labs in 8 weeks, and recommended coming in around noon so that my meds have time to work after I take them in the morning.  She's not changing anything about the dose right now until we run them again.  But I'm just happy my TSH levels are staying consistent.  She said they are the same as last time!  Just waiting for the results to be uploaded onto my patient portal so I can download them for my records.       

2 comments:

rRck Phillips said...

Rachel, I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!!

Rachel said...

Thank you very much, Rick! I wish the very Merriest Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours as well!