Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Physical Therapy and Lower Blood Sugars

Before we came home from our Christmas holiday, my blood sugars started lowering.  I decreased my Levemir shot from 7 units at midnight to 5 units, and went to bed with a BG of about 120.  Around 4 or 5 in the morning, I woke up at 68 and had a glucotab.  BG went back to normal of 85.  I've since lowered it to 4 units and my numbers have been beautiful. 

I'm so glad I didn't try Tresiba...and THIS is exactly why I don't want to use it.  My BG has been known to do this before and being able to change my dose on a whim is what I need.

My doctor refilled my Levemir for me and I got it filled in MD.  I've had to fight for my insulin before but being rejected right before a big trip is not okay.  I'm looking for a new doctor but I haven't had any luck yet.

I had my first physical therapy appointment on Monday.  It went well, despite my head cold (also why I am home from work today...I am not feeling well).  The physical therapist was very knowledgeable and after a few tests to see where the pain is, what my strength is like, and what I can tolerate, he informed me that my core is weak, but especially my left side is weak.  He gave me some exercises to do, both new and old, that will help me strengthen not only my abs but also my glutes, hips, hamstrings (because I get shaky/weak in the legs sometimes and my hamstrings are weak) and back muscles.  The core is responsible for supporting the back and that is what I need to improve to help my back pain.  I will be seeing them twice a week this month, starting on Monday after work.      

No comments: