Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Some answers - finally!

Last week, I finally got some much sought after answers: which vaccines did I receive as a child?  I was able to obtain my shot record from my old school after a visit to my pediatrician in December yielded nothing (they only keep records for 7 years?  What?). 

According to my records, I received 12 doses of 8 vaccines between 2 months of age and 5 years:
5 DTP (3 in 1)
4 polio
2 MMR (3 in 1)
1 Hib (HbPV - PedVaxHIB)

According to my mom, I had always been a sweet, happy, and obedient little girl.  I didn't even go through a Terrible Twos phase.  Instead, after I turned 7 I became very difficult to deal with. 

A year later, a month shy of my 9th birthday, I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and what would later be properly diagnosed as Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. 

At age 24, in 2012, I received my Celiac Disease diagnosis, although we somewhat suspected it as early as 2008.

Those are all autoimmune diseases.  My working theory is that the attitude change was due to a delayed vaccine reaction as well as gut imbalance.  That then progressed into my immune system being compromised and my autoimmunity issues manifesting.  With my MTHFR gene mutation, it was only a matter of time before my body pulled the trigger.  I'm surprised it held out that long.

I guess it's really not surprising that all of the vaccines I received have been linked to Type 1 Diabetes.  MMR is also a big contributor to gut issues - hence Celiac.  Behavioral and digestive issues can trigger thyroid diseases.  Everything's connected.   

DTP has been associated with: 
Type 1 Diabetes
Polio has been associated with: 
Type 1 Diabetes
MMR has been associated with:  Type 1 Diabetes, behavioral issues, gut inflammation, immune system disorders
HIB has been associated with: 
Type 1 Diabetes    

1 comment:

buy acarbose 25 mg online said...

Glucobay 25mg Tablet which is used for the treatment of diabetes. Taking the drug with proper diet and plenty of exercise can reduce the level of diabetes. Take this medicine as advice by the doctor that are easily available at the online medicine store in USA.