Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Moving Prep and an Update from the Excavator



 Max & I met the movers out at the lot yesterday morning.  I managed to get there an hour early and took the time to measure each of the rooms so I had an accurate record of the dimensions for the paint we have to order.  When they arrived they got right to work removing the siding, roofing, and constructing the necessary beams for holding the plastic sheeting in place during transport.  Since our home is a double wide and will be open, they have to protect the interior from dirt, water, etc.  They made sure I was well aware that the existing holes in the siding were not damage they caused.   

Later that night, I heard from our excavator about the materials he ordered for the footers, and the concrete is scheduled to be poured on Friday.  I called the hardware store and paid for the footer stuff, then on Friday morning I'll call the concrete place and have that taken care of as well.  

Big shout out to our movers and excavator for helping us making our dream come true!

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

One step at a time - it will be amazing on your lot.