Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Skirting, AC, and Septic, oh my!

Split railing
Max and I drove out to the lot yesterday to be there for the skirting delivery, but we ended up missing him by a few minutes because he was only able to give us a 20 minute heads up and we were 45 minutes away when he called (he was also a little earlier than his 11am time).  I checked over the packages to make sure everything looked good and noticed that some of the rails were broken/split.  I had to call him back to file a claim, and I hope they'll be replaced.  
 
Skirting packages

The damaged rails

Our new thermostat

Broken rails

The septic tank filled in

Behind the house

Skirting so far

Our HVAC guy told us we needed a new thermostat because the batteries in the old one were corroded and he's had good success with the Honeywell he installed.  He's also going to change out the 4-prong outlets for the dryer and stove/oven for us.  I'm expecting the new one to come in the mail.  I also ordered the mailbox, and all the knobs, outlet covers, and light switch plates we'll need!  YAY! 

Our skirting guy had to do a little improvising but he managed to get a good chunk of the skirting up today before it rained!  I think it looks really good! 

Our drywall guy also called and told me he'd have the price for the electric meter base by the end of tomorrow so once we get that sorted we'll be able to install it and have them hook up our electric!  He's also going to be able to finish up the drywall inside now that he's free again.

I wish water wouldn't take so long.  They're going to be the ones we wait on in order to move in.

We had our totaled van towed today and have a vehicle lined up to look at this Saturday.  Pray it works out!  We really need it!

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

Lots of progress this week. Bravo.

Rachel said...

Thanks! Really happy with the way things are going! Hoping we'll be able to move in come November!