Monday, October 23, 2023

Trees, trees, and...wait there's more! TREES!

 The water line has been installed and hooked up!  Can't tell you how good it feels to have the one thing I thought would take FOREVER done first!  

Now we are dealing with the annoying task of clearing more trees and branches for the electric poles.  Yes, we thought we got them all...apparently not!  Our new tree guy is out there now meeting with the electric company to make sure they are all taken care of this time.  We don't want anymore guesswork.  We want this done and over with!

I called a new septic company this morning to see if they could help us, and they said they could probably get out there to look at our place tomorrow, if not today.  I got an email from the first company I've been playing phone tag with this morning, but their quote was for the WHOLE septic install, so I told them we just need the tie-in price.  Waiting to hear back...if that ever happens.  If either company wants more than $400, our drywall guy said he would do it for us because it shouldn't cost more than that.  We're also at the tail-end of our budget so we can't be agreeing to pay much more.

Then I talked to the movers who have to come and inspect our house, but only after EVERYTHING is hooked up - water, septic, electric meter base, etc.  So we have to hook up everything first.  Almost done!

On a happier note, I took some time yesterday afternoon to go and help a neighbor up the street with some log cutting.  I got myself a new mini chainsaw and tried it out on the logs she has in her yard that she needs cut and moved so she can put up a fence.  She is such a sweet lady!  We're really blessed to be moving to a neighborhood with so many nice people!  I can't wait to meet in person the lady who has kids around Max's age!


Now I have something I can use for firewood at our place!

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

I also got me one of those saws. I suggest you put a chain saw on your Christmas list. I tired to cut some limbs with mine the other day and I think I could have done it easier with a pocket knife.

PS:

How did yours work out? Maybe i just have a bad one?

Rachel said...

I probably do need a bigger one! But the little one worked great for small stuff. Pretty easy to use. I got mine on Amazon, but I've seen others on Facebook.