Friday, June 21, 2024

Update on Inspection Results

 We finally heard back about the inspection results.  Turns out there are some spots under the front deck that need dirt added to them so we don't have pools of water collecting and there are some things under the house that need addressing, though I'm not exactly sure what...aside from the underbelly hole that needed patching (was that fixed?).  The movers will be going out there on Tuesday to do the dirt and hopefully whatever else is needed.

We're going out there on Saturday to continue the work on the floor.  We're trying to figure out if we'll be going out there Sunday too, but we would have to take Max with us...not sure we want him out in the heat all day.  

After getting some feedback from some other DIYers, I've figured out that I'll need to strip the other cabinet doors and drawers with the same paint stripper that I used to remove the paint so that they all have the same finish and are ready for painting/staining.  I think I left the stripper at the new house so I'll have to pick it up on Saturday.  

I also really want to start painting the fireplace (sigh).  So much to do!

No comments: