Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Request for Inspection has been Submitted!

I met the new chimney guy yesterday morning to get the pipe vent hooked back up to the skirting. 


He was done in 30 minutes and was able to reuse the existing materials, so the cost was under budget.  We'll use him in the future for our chimney needs, since not many others will come out to our area.

I contacted the movers and told them it was done.  They submitted our request for the state inspection and told us it'd be done within 2 weeks, so we are hoping to be able to move the last week(s) of July! 

After he left I decided to stay and finish painting the fireplace.  I got the hearth and bottom stones done, but there are a few spots that need some touch up work.  But I'm very happy with it!



The finished fireplace






Last night I called my dad to see when he could make it out to work on re-framing the doors. He couldn't promise anything but said he'd try for tomorrow (today).  I want to go out there and see him if he does go, but I also have stuff to pack at home.  Hubby's family has told us that they'll be coming to visit and help with getting the house ready and moving in the weekend of the 20th.  We have so much to do, and we also want to be able to just spend time with them.

1 comment:

rick phillips said...

It looks like things are coming along nicely.