Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Short Day of Work

 Yesterday, I ran out to the house to check and see if the master toilet was leaking through the flapper.  I got some food dye, added it to the tank, and left it for a bit while I sanded the few spots I'd re-mudded in the kitchen and master bath sink area.  When I came back, there was dye in the bowl, telling us it was indeed a flapper leak.  So now I gotta buy another flapper and hope it doesn't leak too.

Before

After

I also set about installing the new longer water supply line in the hall bath, which I got on just fine, but the bowl and tank need to be secured to each other better so they don't leak.  Thankfully, our neighbors have agreed to help us with that, probably this weekend when we get out there again.  We still need to finish priming the hall bath, and then start on the kitchen and master bath.  We got the paint colors for the whole house, ready and waiting!

No comments: