Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Personal Goals



Since my next appointment is on August 28 at 3pm, I figured it would be a good idea to set some goals to meet by then.  I have 33 days from now.

By August 28, I am going to try to get my A1C down into the 10% range.  My A1C in May was 11.1%, so anything in the 10% range would be an improvement.  

My big goal after that is to get my A1C down to 7% by December 31, 2014 (year’s end).  That puts me at a little over 1% per month.  I will accomplish this in several ways:
  • Stay on top of correcting high blood sugars and giving accurate food boluses.
  • Use the Dexcom (whenever I get it) to track my blood sugar patterns and trajectories. 
  • Use my secret weapon – namely, GC Control from Melaleuca – whenever I am able to order it.  

I think blogging about these goals and my progress will help me stay accountable and diligent.  If you are a diabetic, I hope I can help you in some way.  Likewise, I would appreciate help from you!  Thank you for joining me on my journey!

No comments: