Monday, March 16, 2015

Failed Sensor

Last night I went to bed high (373).  I did a full correction - 5 units.  Normally I would be afraid to do a full correction but I'm so tired of being high while on this trip and Novolog hasn't really been working well for me anyway, so I thought, "What the heck?"  This morning I woke up and checked my receiver to see what had happened overnight.  This depressing but also encouraging (if that makes any sense) sight met my eyes.

 photo 3-16-15_zpsoi0lrbld.jpg 
See that backwards J hook on the 16th from 12 am - 12pm?  Yeah, that was what had happened overnight.  Novolog is USELESS!!

My glucometer read 313.  I did another full correction, and a full bolus for breakfast.  2 hours later I'm down to 229.  I probably have another 2 hours to go before I reach my final threshold.

--->  I would NOT have to wait this long with Apidra.  It starts working in 15 minutes and lasts for 2-3 hours.  Novolog starts working in 20-30 minutes and lasts 3-4 hours.  I NEED Apidra!

Then, it finally happened.  My Dexcom sensor that's been giving me so much trouble this week finally failed.  I called Dexcom Tech Support and they said they'd send a replacement, but I won't be able to put in a new one until I get home tomorrow night.  I'm also going to be sending Dexcom some sort of tech report via email.

Today should prove to be a fun day.  I am hoping to go to the Appaloosa Museum (horses of the Native Americans!), and Uncle Csaba and Aunt Lisa are treating us to lunch.  :) 

No comments: