Sunday, December 20, 2015

At a standstill

The past 2 weeks 
 photo 12-20-15 2 weeks_zpspt0awgtx.jpg

 My stats now
 photo 12-20-15 stats_zpsfbwscb6e.jpg

While my numbers for the most part have been nice and well in range, I have been having some highs overnight that are driving me crazy.  I've determined they are not dawn phenomenon, as some nights I have them and other nights I don't.  I think they are related to late night eating, and it seems I may need to not eat after a certain time at night.  Ugh.

My stats are worse than they were 2 months ago, but that's also probably due to the fact that I changed my target range by lowering it to 130.  However, with the random highs I've been having, I feel like I am doing worse and struggling to keep my numbers down where I want them.  My next appointment is in less than 3 months and I am super afraid I am not going to improve my A1C by then.  The next 2 months are crucial since A1Cs reflect the most recent numbers prior to taking the blood work.  I feel like I've hit a wall and am at a standstill, like I'm good at maintaining where I am but not improving.  I'm a bit discouraged since my eating habits have pretty much stayed the same and my insulin needs fluctuate to the point where I am guessing what my basal should be based on what my numbers are doing.  I know I need more basal testing but that has been tricky lately.  I need to just buckle down and get 'er done.  *sigh*  Maybe I need a mentor...I need to bounce ideas and questions off someone. 

No comments: