Thursday, June 15, 2017

Dread Confirmed

I had my appointment with my NP today. I feel like I'm floundering and backsliding. A1C went up to 6.3 (134mg/dl). She tried to make me feel better by saying I'm a Type 1 Diabetic and shouldn't be too hard on myself when my numbers don't behave, but I have to be my pancreas and right now I'm failing. She said anything under 7 is great, but I know better. I feel awful. I know I've come a long way but I feel like all that work is lost.

She pointed out my low sodium (I haven't been drinking as much water this past week...oops!) and my high cholesterol and TSH (the only thing she cares to check, of course). I know she wants to put me back on statins but I'm still playing the baby card so she held off. Bwahaha. She also suggested adding some carbs/grains to help lower cholesterol. Nope!

My holistic doctor is testing and treating my thyroid so I'm not worried about TSH, especially since I'm taking so many supplements right now. Just feeling really discouraged.

No comments: