Wednesday, February 28, 2018

No Concern

Despite my TSH coming back super low, my holistic doctor said he wasn't worried (as if there was cause for concern I would be exhibiting symptoms and I'm not) nor could he tell anything without the T3 and T4 values (because my NP didn't get those tests run).  From what I understand, a low TSH value means the TSH is suppressed and has no need to come knocking on the thyroid for more T3 and T4, meaning I'm probably getting the amount I need from my medication.  Nothing about my cholesterol so it's just business as usual. 

I think I'll be sticking with Levemir for now.  I like being able to change/adjust my basal rate at a moment's notice, like when my body decides I suddenly need more or less than I'm currently getting.  A longer lasting basal insulin probably wouldn't be a good fit and I'm not in the mood to deal with something new right now.   

No comments: