Wednesday, February 27, 2019

I wasn't expecting that!

I don't even know how this is possible, but my A1C came down! 
That's right, in just a month it dropped from 7.3 to 6.7!  Don't ask me how because I have no clue, but I must be doing something right!

I of course had to explain why I didn't want Tresiba, or a pump, or blah blah blah.  I am probably going to need a new Dexcom (G5?) once my receiver dies.  But I don't need all the bells and whistles and all the issues that come with medical devices that deliver insulin when syringes do the job just fine. 

I am going to get some R and start using that to help cover my food so I have some smoother lines.  That's my next goal...ironing everything out.

3 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

I dont know I would never give up my pump and I would give up my pump long before I would ever give up my CGM. This from a guy who refused to use a pump for 29 years. I so wish I had started earlier and had a CGM sooner.

My A1C before pumping and using 5-8 injections per day was 8.1 today 5.8 Oh so worth it.

Anonymous said...

Great job with your A1C! You should be very proud. I admire that you're sticking to the tried and true forms of insulin and delivery.

Rachel said...

Great to hear a pump and CGM are working for you, Rick! I tried a pump years ago and hated being tethered to it. I don't mind the shots.

Thanks, Anonymous! All I can do is my best!