Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Re-doing my labwork, and adding some new ones

I had my lab work appointment this morning for getting my cholesterol panel rechecked (since the last time we sent it in the lab wouldn't run it due to the blood vials not being labeled with my name).  So I'm getting a full cholesterol panel, along with the inflammatory markers, particle size/density, etc. 

My holistic doctor also wanted me to get my Vit D3 and homocysteine checked and, due to my high copper levels, my thyroid doctor wanted to run a Wilson's disease test.  I'm also getting my thyroid levels rechecked.  So all the tests. 

They had to draw about a pint of blood, but part way through I started feeling my arm fall asleep and slightly light headed.  I told them I had to get the lab work done today because I wouldn't be in town for the holidays.  The nurse stopped the blood draw and they got me water and found an empty room with a table I could lie down on.  After a few minutes, the nurse came in to check on me, and finished drawing the remaining vials.  I stayed on the table and asked her to send my hubby in, as he was sitting in the waiting room and had no idea what was going on.  I finally started feeling better and we prepared to leave.  My doctor came back in and went over all the tests we were doing and wished us a Merry Christmas on the way out.

Hopefully we'll have the results in a week or two.    

No comments: