Monday, February 3, 2020

My latest appointment and the results

On Wednesday, Jan 29, I had my appointment with my thyroid doctor to go over the cholesterol panel, as well as the thyroid results.  She was over all impressed with everything.  Homocysteine was perfect.  Vit D was high (126) so she said to cut it in half.  My serum copper was in range.  Kidneys and liver are healthy.   

Even though my TSH is suppressed, my other thyroid levels are all normal.  We decided to not adjust my Armour dose. 

My cholesterol looks pretty good for the most part.  My CRP came back slightly high, but I have started taking my fish oil and other anti-inflammatory supplements again along with my detox regimen.

ACZ Nano Zeolite spray
GI Detox
Alamax
Boswelya
Probiotic
Methyl Protect
Nordic Naturals fish oil
(I also want to get my Curcuplex, which is turmeric/curcumin)

I've not been impressed with any mentions of statins, and I've told her I'm not on birth control and statins didn't work well for me in the past.  For now, I'll stick with what I'm doing. 

She did comment that I'm the healthiest Type 1 she's ever treated for anything.  Even though my numbers haven't been well-controlled for all my life, she said most diabetics are never well-controlled.  I do still need to get my A1C down. 

I've also talked to my holistic doctor about the low dose naltrexone she recommended.  She's going to order me some from her compounding pharmacy.  It's supposed to help the body heal from autoimmune attacks, especially thyroid diseases.  So I'm going to give it a try and see how it works.

We are also getting Hubby tested for the MTHFR gene mutation.  Stay tuned...   

No comments: