Friday, November 10, 2023

My First Time Towing!

 Today was my first time towing anything - and I did it all by myself!  After Max & I borrowed a triple ball trailer hitch mount with a hook from my dad, we drove to the rental place to sign for the boom lift.  We were then instructed to talk to the guy in the storage lot and he had me back up to the lift (done in one shot).  He hooked it up for me and then we were off.  I had to drive up a side road to get to the nearest light so I could make a left to get back on the main road, since the entrance I came in was blocked by a concrete traffic median.  Everything went pretty smoothly on our 26 minute ride to the house.  Once we were on the main road into our neck of the woods, the lift did fishtail a little but slowing down got it to stop.  I took turns slow and drove around the long way so that I could back it into the driveway easier.  It took a few attempts (even after watching videos about how to do so) but I did it!


Tomorrow afternoon our drywall guy is going to start trimming and cutting.  We should have everything done for the electric guy to come out and inspect things on Monday.  

While I was there, I removed 3 broken door knobs on the inside.  Two will be replaced by the new door knobs I got this week.  They are so pretty!  I plan to replace them as I can so they all match.  The current ones are cheap and falling apart.  Here are the new ones:

I also got a shot of the fridge, which fits PERFECTLY. I was so afraid we'd have to remove the cabinet over it, but thankfully we don't! 



 

2 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

Dani, look how far you have come. You should be very proud.

Anonymous said...

Glory to God...
I'm so delighted for your hard work and thanks to the Lord for his grace and blessings for you