Saturday, November 18, 2023

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

 The Bible says 

"The heart of man plans his way,
    but the Lord establishes his steps."

That's certainly been true this month.  At the beginning of November I'd made a weekly plan for our house progress, aiming to move in December 1.  

But that's not going to happen.  

This week has blown all my plans out of the water.  I should just stop trying to plan it out.  There's no way I can nail down a move-in date.

After all the trees were taken care of, I thought we were finally on the path forward.  But on Wednesday I received word that we were going to need to find someone else to do our septic tie-in and drywall work...the guy we had lined up for that was MIA.  

To be honest, I had a breakdown.  Thursday night I was feeling the overwhelm...I WANT to get the work done, but I CAN'T and the ones who CAN, AREN'T.  I'm trying to juggle two houses, two cars, budgeting the finances, caring for the baby, cleaning, cooking, taking care of my own health, and I can't do it all.

After spending some time having fun, I spent yesterday and today searching for new contractors who can help us finish our house.  Pray we can find the right people.  I reached out to half a dozen.  I may be meeting one company on Tuesday.      

At this rate, it'll be next year before we get to live in our new house.

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

It will get done. It is always late, always cost more, and is always not as good as you hoped. But it will be done, and you will love it. I promise.