Sunday, December 3, 2023

A pretty good update after the holidays

The day before Thanksgiving, my mom and I drove out to the house to meet with the one drywall guy who could make it (the other would've gotten there too late as we had Thanksgiving prep to do that night and couldn't stay any longer).  We got a quote from him and figured out some things I would like done with the house, including squaring the doorway to the den so we can put French doors on and closing the opening above the kitchen cabinets!

We had a good Thanksgiving, but it was also a little hard.  It was Sarah's birthday so we visited her grave and left her new flowers for Christmas.  


After Thanksgiving, I met with a plumber and the other drywall/paint company, but turns out they didn't feel comfortable taking on the job.  The plumber has been struggling to contact his contractor, so I looked up some other plumbers that I'm meeting with tomorrow.  

Yesterday, DP, Max and I met with a new electrician about the exposed wires under the house, as well as the old security system and hard wired smoke detectors I wanted removed.  They got the work done that day, so that's one less thing to worry about!

Before

After




Before

After


Junction Box underneath

Junction box underneath
 On Thursday, my dad gave me the price for the lumber so he can start building our front porch.  I placed the order and it was delivered Friday.  Because it was raining, they put the concrete under the house so it wouldn't get wet.  Hopefully he can get started on it soon.  I think he needs to find a new helper first. 

Concrete for the footers

Lumber for the front porch
Our HVAC guy is finishing up his few tasks and then we'll have to wait til we get power to put the refrigerant in the system and see how it runs. 

No comments: