Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Deck Started!

 On Saturday, we all met my dad at the house to help him start on our front porch.  None of his helpers showed up, so he wasn't able to get as much done.  And we had to go to Home Depot in town and get some concrete bolts and a bucket to mix the concrete in, so that took us away for over an hour.  But he got the holes dug and then hubby helped him mix and pour the concrete while I watched Max, who had soaked his outfit and had to stay in the car (freezing outside!).  He got the porch outline framed though, and will be back this coming Saturday to continue.  Hopefully he will have helpers with him!



Today, I'm going out to the house to meet the plumber for payment and to check on the progress.  It's supposed to be really cold so I probably won't stay long.  If it's warmer tomorrow, I'd like to get the door hinges replaced, at least.  And the drywall guy is supposed to fix the hole in Max's room.

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

I am sorry you are running behind schedule, it will be worth it when completed.