Thursday, December 14, 2023

Working at the house

 Yesterday I was able to get some work done at the house.  I put on the new door knob for our master bathroom, removed the old bent hinges on our master bedroom door, discovered the new hinges I bought were a little too small, and installed the new cabinet drawer gliders in most of the rooms that needed them.  I just have to adjust a few of them and install them on the drawers I didn't have in the house (hall bath and kitchen).  I have some other projects I want to do when the house is warmer:  strip the paint on one side of the front door, and strip the paint on the kitchen cabinets.  I got the whitewash paint I want to use on the cabinets, so I need to start painting the cabinet doors and drawer faces.  I also need to install the front door deadbolt once the door is stripped/painted how I want. 

This Saturday will be deck building day!  Monday-Tuesday will be plumbing day!  Then we'll see how we look for inspection. 

Trying to get whatever work we can get done on the drywall, and I'm trying to find someone who can help us finish the inside trim-out on the marriage line.  Then I have to figure out how to fix the countertops where they chipped as we were removing the tile...

How to fix these chips on the countertops?

Old bent hinges

1 comment:

rick phillips said...

Gosh I do not know if one can fixt the countertop. I wonder if you found a product. It may be just as well to replace it.